Tuesday, May 3, 2022

The Launch




"I hope you know how loved you are!"  "You are so loved."  "People love you."
Over and over and over again I have received these sincere exclamations that are meant to remind me of the bountiful love that surrounds me.  I am most often without adequate words in response.  



Usually, I begin by looking down at my feet.


Then, I say something like, "the feeling is mutual."  Or, I talk about the relationship that has fostered the love.  While all of this is certainly true, the words do not match the magnitude of the experience, no matter how earnestly I try to make them sound.


Love en masse can be overwhelming. . .


. . . which is no excuse for minimizing the response.


Overwhelming love calls forth gratitude beyond words. 


For this crowd, overwhelming love definitely means showing up. 




Abundant love is meant to be thoroughly enjoyed.  Don't you agree?



Enjoyed with great good humor. . .



...and wordless, heartfelt embraces.



This kind of love is meant to be shared.


The Hummingbird Fund is now a dream come true.  My family and I have a new labor of love.


Through the Hummingbird Fund we will be able to dramatically improve the quality of life for families living with ALS.  
(contact us: thehummingbirdfund@gmail.com)


We are grateful beyond words, and we have meaningful work ahead. 







 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words. You are so loved and so humble Dr. Ogan! I’m so sorry we missed the event. It was the same time as my father’s memorial. I look forward to the next one! ❤️

    ReplyDelete