Monday, September 26, 2022

Dancing trees


I look forward to my daily morning contemplation.  A cup of coffee in a favorite mug.  DeltaMae at my feet.  And a sweet bit of time to embody stillness, silence, solitude, and an open heart I call space.  

Each morning's experience is unique.  Many mornings bring gifts of insight or peace, or wholeness.  Other mornings offer an unadorned groundedness to begin the day.  Today I was reminded that every reality manifests an opportunity.

Stillness is my current challenge to harmony in contemplation.  The fasciculations of Mr. ALS impose themselves--insinuate themselves-- rather rudely into the experience of stillness.  

I am faced squarely with the opportunity to welcome pesky muscle twitching into the morning's contemplation.  Thank you Mr. ALS for the gauche interruption of bliss.

Alas, here is another stark reminder that the realities of our daily lives are meant to be lived too.  Gauche or not.

I don't enjoy the constant fasciculations that herald the death of motor neurons.  Maybe one day I will miss them, but not today, not now.  

Slowly, ever so slowly, I am adapting to their gauche presence.  Accepting them with poise remains a significant on-going challenge.  

Alas, another stark reminder:  seeing God in everything and everyone means seeing God in the gauche.  Ultimately, it even means welcoming God in the gauche.

Gratefully, this morning I looked up to see the sun spotlighting the tree tops which had just begun to sway, in a breeze that was theirs alone-- a gift of their morning contemplation, and a welcome reminder that God exists to be enjoyed.





No comments:

Post a Comment